Mesa Family Lawyers
Serving Families throughout East Valley
If you are seeking a Mesa family law attorney, there is a good chance that you are navigating a stressful and highly emotional time in your life. You need an experienced attorney who can guide you through the process, someone who respects the gravity of your situation, who will support you and advocate for the best interests of you and your family.
At Edwards & Petersen | PLC, our Mesa family lawyers support you every step of the way, making sure you understand the full impact of every decision. We treat each client with the respect and compassion he or she deserves, working tirelessly to ensure a positive outcome during this difficult time.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Mesa family lawyers, please call (480) 418-5656.
Our Family Law Services
Family law involves human emotions in a way that no other area of the law does. At Edwards & Petersen | PLC, no matter how heated things may become, our number one goal is always obtaining a fair and amicable result for our clients and their families. That is what it means to be outcome-driven.
We provide representation for a variety of family law cases, including:
- Divorce: Even when both partners agree to part amicably, divorce is a stressful, often frightening time. You’re likely worried about your future and you want to know what happens next. We can help alleviate some of your anxiety by explaining each step of the process and guiding you through this transition to the next phase of your life.
- Child custody (legal decision-making): Determining child custody, legal decision-making, and parenting time is probably the most emotionally fraught and consequential aspect of family law. You want to protect your rights and do what’s best for your child, while also protecting your child from the tensions surrounding this process. We help our clients navigate their way through this emotional minefield.
- Spousal maintenance: Formerly known as alimony, spousal maintenance is the money one spouse pays to another after a divorce. The support of an experienced family law attorney helps ensure the best outcome regarding spousal maintenance.
- Child support: Though child support payments are paid to the main custodial parent, these funds are for the child, not the parent, and are intended to provide food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, and much more. Whether you are seeking or paying child support, Edwards & Petersen | PLC can represent your best interests.
- Court-order modifications: If you experience significant changes in your circumstances, you may wish to request a modification to a court order. Requesting a court order modification comes with a variety of stipulations and requirements that an experienced family lawyer can help you navigate.
Brian was amazing throughout the entire legal process! I had several lawyers working on my case, but Brian was the only one ...- Kevin C.
I came in for a consultation to file paperwork on my own and they went over the paperwork page by page with me and answered ...- Sherrie W.
This organization was very professional and helpful during a trying time. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a great ...- Paul F.
Brian was there every step of the way! I never went through court before so I didn't know what I was in for but Brian and his ...- David D.
Best decision I ever made for myself and my child. The legal system can be extremely intimidating, especially when you are ...- Lauren S.
I cannot thank Josh and Sabrina enough. I was completely lost and unsure of everything when my situation began. They calmed ...- Kristina S.
I hired Josh last year. Everything seemed extremely bleak but Josh and Sabrina turned that around. They were very ...- Elizabeth A.
BRIAN,is a very good man.He has listening ears.The happiness of his client is his first priority not Money .Brian is always ...- Chineme N.